Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lifeline

Well it has taken just about 6 weeks since our teleconference with the powers that be within Rowing Australia, but we have finally received word about what is planned for our boat.

As I stated in the last entry, we didn't get to attend the Selection Trials in April but a plan was to be worked out in order to attempt to field our boat at the Rowing World Championships in November. That plan has now been approved by the Rowing Australia Board and we have a full on few months ahead of us!

I personally haven't been happy that it has taken so long to get back to us...but hey that's elite sport I guess. I have been training just as hard but doing things a bit differently to keep everything fresh. Because to be honest rowing in my single scull has become a bit boring. Thank god for the masters women at Melbourne Rowing club. I have been able to get into a few crew boats with them as they get ready to compete at the National Masters Rowing Championships.

It is sad that we aren't over in Europe right now as the 1st World Cup is being held this weekend in Bled, Slovenia. There are only 7 boats entered in our event but it would have given us some good racing. Australia does have two other boats there, in our Men's Arms and Shoulders rower Ben and the Trunk and Arms double scull, Kat and Grant. I certainly wish them all the luck in the world and I am sure both boats will do extremely well!

As for our crew, well even who will be in the boat is up in the air. They have opened selection up to all the rowers who were at nationals and a couple who weren't. So it will be interesting to see who eventually is sitting in the boat.

A quote that comes to my mind is something that Winston Churchill once said "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts". I really hope that all the crew members have the courage to continue. I believe we have a great combination that can attain our dreams, they all just have to want it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment